Even though it has been the summer holiday season in Finland, our project members have remained active, and our Hobbit project has been visible in the media:
- The Finnish newspaper Keskisuomalainen published an article on our project:
– Kuivalahti, Laura: Fani antaa anteeksi. Jyväskylän yliopisto on mukana
valtavassa Hobitti-elokuvien vastaanottotutkimuksessa. [The fan forgives. University of Jyväskylä is a part of a large reception study on the Hobbit films.] Keskisuomalainen, July 9, 2016. Kulttuuri, 32.
- Aino-Kaisa Koistinen reviewed the film Ghostbusters for the Finnish newspaper Kaleva, and also talked a bit about our Hobbit project:
– Juntto, Anssi: Naiset uudelleenlämmittelyn sankareina. [Women as heroes of a remake.] Kaleva, July 28, 2016. K2, 32.
- Jyrki Korpua was interviewed on Tolkien and our project for Finnish YLE
- Aino-Kaisa Koistinen wrote an article of our project for the newspaper Kaleva:
– Koistinen, Aino-Kaisa: Fantasia auttaa rakentamaan identiteettiä. [Fantasy helps in building one’s identity.] Kaleva, August 1, 2016, 34.
- In addition, something that might interest some of you fluent in French is that Irma Hirsjärvi, Urpo Kovala and Jyrki Korpua were also interviewed on Finnish weird for Libértine. The interview is not clearly related to our project, but it will prove interesting for anyone intrigued by Finnish fantasy.
Also, we have updated information concerning accommodation at our forthcoming Uses of Fantasy seminar. Check it out – and remember to send us your abstract for the seminar by September 5 (see the CfP)!